BUSINESS SECURITY: EASTER HOLIDAY SHOPPING SECURITY TIPS
While we can help protect your business when you’re not around, with the Easter holiday rush around the corner, that means you’re going need some extra security measures to receive a larger than usual crowd to your business. One key to winning the Easter rush is making sure your business has heightened security measures in place for this busy time.
Consider the following security measures:
- Watch for unusual behaviour, such as people frequently entering and leaving your store, lingering in an area difficult to monitor or paying close attention to employees.
- Scan trolleys and baskets carefully, watch for small or hidden items that may get overlooked otherwise.
- Place surveillance cameras throughout the store, particularly at registers and by entryways, to keep tabs at all times.
- Place staff near the front of the store so customers can’t grab items and run.
- Develop a clear chain of command for employees to follow if they feel or know someone is stealing from your business. For example, have a point of contact or phone number readily available should theft occur.
- Install video surveillance cameras at point-of-sales areas to monitor for suspicious activity (e.g. invalid gift cards, unusual voids or returns).
- Create policies that deter theft, such as rotating shifts, separate duties and anonymous reporting.
By taking the necessary steps to plan for security measures during the Easter holidays, you can by obtaining greater control over your business and employees during this busy time.