Here at Xpanda Security, we specialise in anti burglar protection security solutions to keep your business covered when riots turn to looting. We offer custom security solutions tailored to suit your business’ needs and to protect you from becoming a potential victim of crime.
Don’t let your business suffer during this elevated level of criminal activity. There are business security solutions to mitigate potentially costly and dangerous situations. Having a plan is critical for situations beyond your control.
Know what you can do to secure your yourself and your assets.
- Be prepared and don’t take matters into your own hands. Good security can prevent this.
- Upgrade to roller shutters (http://bit.ly/28TEjhO) / barriers (http://bit.ly/28SeJcn) to discourage breaking and entering.
- Have a trained team of security guards who can handle situations like these.
It is important to invest in the security of your business as much as you would in securing your home and family.
Commercial crime (sourced from africacheck.org)
- Commercial crime includes different types of “white collar” crimes such corruption, fraud, money laundering, embezzlement and forgery.
- The number of incidents decreased by 11.6% to 67,830 incidents in the last year.
- Commercial crime decreased by 22% since 2012/13 when it peaked at 89,138 cases.
- Between 2004/05 and 2012/13 commercial crime increased by a substantial 65%.
- An accurate trend for this broad crime category is difficult to establish as the public and private sectors seldom report these crimes to police.
- The victims of crime survey shows that only 15.6% (one out of six) victims of consumer fraud report it to the police. The survey also found that the proportion of fraud victims who report dropped by 12.6% between 2011 and 2013; arguably because of the police’s inability to effectively investigate most cases of fraud and corruption reported to them.
- The impact of these crimes is perhaps more important than the numbers reported: the financial losses suffered are high, as one incident can involve tens of millions of rands.
In addition to improving your security, follow these guides provided by the South African Police Services (SAPS) and stay up-to-date with crime trends.